About Me

My photo
El Segundo
Make art not war. I drink copious amounts of tea. Slaughterhouses make me cry. I am obsessed with food, and as such, I eat constantly. Music makes me loose control.

MUZICK

So, usually I don't bother with New Year's resolutions, with the exception of the usual get in shape/be a better person bullshit, but approximately four whole minutes again, the flickering light bulb up there actually went off.

Are you ready for this?

I am going to pursue a musical endeavor! Now, I don't exactly know what (as this idea only came to me approximately six minutes ago; no, I don't type that slow...I just got slightly distracted...), but it makes sense, right? I love music. The sweet melodies of music flood my ears more than any other sound, maybe with the exception of my thoughts...but that's a whole other blog. Additionally, I painfully just realized that I have never even attempted any musical endeavors; what the flip is wrong with me?!?! (Proverbial) God knows I've tried just about everything else!

Twice, I have almost crept into the musical arena. The first was in third grade; we had to learn how to read music, but alas I left halfway through the year and my new school was not as dedicated to the arts (cheap Manhattan Beach school district...)

The second brush with musica came in the third grade during one of those trial classes. (You know, you take the class for like three weeks to see if you enjoy it enough to go further...) Well, it was an instrumental class and everyone was given a flimsy little recorder and promised that by the end of the three weeks they would be able to play it.

Yeah, I never got to make a liar of my teacher as inexplicably my parents decided that that year the annual family trip to New Zealand would be taken mid-school year. And of course the trip was three weeks long... I'm sure it is unnecessary to explain any further.

But it will all change this year. I will no longer just look in awe in to the lost world that is making melodies.; I will take part.

Or at least try.

And actually, I think I don't want to take up an instrument per say... I want to DJ.

Play with vinyl.

Put those fingers to good use.

And fucking dance out the soles of my shoes while doing it.

dj Pictures, Images and Photos
(But with dainty, brown arms)